Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dolphin aura <dolphin_aura@y...>
Dolphin aura <dolphin_aura@y...>
Date:  Thu Apr 26, 2001  3:12 am
Subject:  [vocalist] Placement and mouth position

My college voice professor tells me that I should
place the tone/sound/resonance in my nasal area,
however, it seems to make everything I sing sound too
nasal. Also, she is telling me to keep my lips "numb"
and only move up and down, like an oval type shape.
This is hard for me because I went to a different
college last year and a different voice professor who
told me to move my mouth as much as possible. wide
for e and so on.
I was just wondering what technique is most commonly
used or helpful.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11406 Re: Placement and mouth position Nancy Fontana   Thu  4/26/2001   3 KB
11414 Re: Placement and mouth position John Alexander Blyth   Thu  4/26/2001   4 KB

emusic.com