Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Tue Apr 24, 2001  11:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Allergies

Barbara:
This year hasn't been too bad for me yet but I frequently experience my
worse bouts in May & August through October. Have you tried any other
antihistimines such as Claritin or are they something you cannot take? My
problems are mostly congestion & feeling like my throat is either swelled
up or full of gunk.

I take Claritin-D & use a Nasacort spray to clear up my continual post
nasal drip. It took my doctor a while to figure out what worked best for
me, especially in regards to singing. I also use a saline spray when I
get too dried out & I drink lots of water, especially while singing. This
all seems to work along with taking Ginger, Sippery Elm Bark & Nettle
supplements. (Of course, none of this does much good when my eyes start
itching in May!) You might want to do some research on supplements but be
sure to pay attention to what other things the supplements are
botanically related to so you don't wind up taking a new thing that may
cause an allergic reaction.

Hope you feel better soon!

Pat