Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Tue Apr 24, 2001  2:08 pm
Subject:  Lieder Eines Fahrenden Gesellen, was Concerto Competition-- Suggestions, por favore?

The Dover edition (Mahler, 3 song cycles, with Piano acc.) is in a slightly
lower key, with F# being the top note. john

At 09:10 AM 4/24/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Lieder Eines Fahrenden Gesellen (songs of a wayfarer) was what sprung to
my mind too, although it may be a bit high. There are some repeated G's in
"Ich hab' ein gluhend messe" (all this German from memory, apologies if
it's wrong). Also lots of sotto voce F#. Some baritones can do that
easily, others can't. Great 4 songs if they're suitable for your voice
though.