Vocalist.org archive

From:  gwyee@r...
gwyee@r...
Date:  Tue Apr 24, 2001  1:57 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] MED: weird pain in ear

At 05:02 PM 4/23/01 -0400, John Messmer, M.D. wrote:
>I have been considering the possibilities of what could be causing this
>problem. The possibilities are many and without an exam, I might only add
>to the confusion. It could be anything from persistent infection to
>inflammation of the ear apparatus itself or something inflamming the inner
>ear/balance organ.
>
>I don't have a good idea.

Dear Dr John and Vocalistmates,

I had the same feeling about this, John. Without being able to
examine him, I wouldn't want to suggest anything that might dissuade him
from obtaining what I considered important input, namely a visit to an ENT,
and appropriate diagnostic tests. We are also told of an old and festering
dental abcess, which, if on the same side of the face as the troubled ear,
might imply a relationship, vis a vis, lymphatic drainage. However, I would
defer to Dr Schweinfurth on this.

This fellow has already been seen by 3 general physicians. Were I
in the same boat at this point, I would see an endodontist for a root canal
while waiting for my consultation with an ENT and get this all behind me as
quickly as possible.

GWendel, dT

emusic.com