Vocalist.org archive

From:  chenweijie81@y...
chenweijie81@y...
Date:  Mon Apr 23, 2001  2:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Digest number 646 - Who are hautes-contres?

Dear Marie,
does that mean hautes contre sing relatively comfortable in a
range which is much lower than counter-tenor and at the same range as
a normal tenor???Do hautes contre have better and easier switching of
head voice to chest voice or the other way round than the counter-
tenors???From what I asume,true counter-tenors are those who don't
use falsetoo to sing their notes and maybe using the same method of
using their head voices like mezzos.The only difference between them
and tenors is that they are singing an octave higher than the tenors.
Nevertheless it is difficult to determine who is the real counter-
tenor cos u must have a really good hearing and deep knowledge of
counter-tenors whether they are actually using falsetoo to sing.

Weijie
Natural Baritone

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "MC Silon" <vocalist-temporary@y..., "MC Silon" < >

vocalist-temporary@y...
> >To: vocalist-temporary@y...
> >Subject: [vocalist] Digest Number 646
> >Date: 21 Apr 2001 08:59:41 -0000
> > 16. Who are hautes contre???
> Haute-contre is the name of a very high male voice, but not of a
counter
> tenor.
> It existed before the name of tenor appeared (in 1790, and in
France only in
> 1830). Today we can compare it to the leggero tenor.
> Marie-Claire

___
http://www.hotmail.com.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11331 Who are hautes-contres? Tako Oda   Mon  4/23/2001   4 KB
11342 Re: Who are hautes-contres? chosdad@c...   Tue  4/24/2001   3 KB
12133 Re: Who are hautes-contres? chenweijie81@y...   Thu  5/24/2001   4 KB
12143 Re: Who are hautes-contres? Tako Oda   Thu  5/24/2001   3 KB
12152 Re: Who are hautes-contres? chosdad@c...   Thu  5/24/2001   2 KB
12160 Re: Who are hautes-contres? Tako Oda   Fri  5/25/2001   2 KB
12162 Re: Who are hautes-contres? chosdad@c...   Fri  5/25/2001   2 KB
12425 Re: Who are hautes-contres? chenweijie81@y...   Mon  6/4/2001   4 KB
12442 Re: Who are hautes-contres? Tako Oda   Mon  6/4/2001   3 KB

emusic.com