Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Sun Apr 22, 2001  12:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Heldentenors (NOT)!

alan wrote of peter anders:

<< >
> Anders is another in the group of tenors that started in lyric
roles
> and moved to heavier things. He was reknowned firstly as a
Mozartean
> and his Il mio tesoro is still widely regarded as one of the finest.

i remember reading about voices that had found ruin in the pursuit of
wagner. peter anders had been listed as one of those voices and i think it
may have been tristan that was the specific culprit. (at the time, i was
trying to push myself up to tenor so i could try to sing wagnerian tenor
roles. fortunately, i was saved by my greatest gift- sloth.) and being
slothful, i naturally did not keep track of where i read about wagner and
vocal ruin. my apologies.

mike

emusic.com