Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Sun Apr 22, 2001  11:55 am
Subject:  Re: Who are hautes contre???

Tako,

what do you make of Mark Padmore's voice? I heard him sing the
Evangelist in Bach's St. John Passion last year and his voice sounded a
bit 'hard/metallic' at times and it seemed as if he was pushing a bit
as well. (Sorry, I'm having a hard time describing this.) He
definitely seemed to have a 'harder' voice than any tenor that I have
heard live.

Is this difference something which is unique to Mr. Padmore or is this
just a general difference between the hautes contre and tenor voice.

Thanks!
Ingo

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11327 Re: Who are hautes contre??? Tako Oda   Mon  4/23/2001   3 KB

emusic.com