Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mike & Vicki Bryant <mbryant@f...>
Mike & Vicki Bryant <mbryant@f...>
Date:  Sun Apr 22, 2001  4:10 am
Subject:  Brainstorming for recital

Hi, fellow vocalisters,

I'm beginning to dig for material for another full length recital.
What I need help with is not so much specific pieces but rather
fleshing out the concept.

The concept: Women taking on the roles of men

Ideas I've got so far:

Pieces originally written for castrati
Trouser roles
Pieces about Joan of Arc (who dressed like a man and went into battle)
Pieces about women disguised as men (I've found some music based on
Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, for example)
Pieces written by women writing under a male pseudonym
Pieces written specifically for a man to sing, which I will perform
(therefore, I am taking on the role of a man).

Can anybody think of any other variation of this theme? Any and all
ideas are welcome. (I'm having a blast doing this)!

Vicki Bryant
Mezzo-soprano
Naperville, IL

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11299 Re: Brainstorming for recital Linda Fox   Sun  4/22/2001   3 KB
11310 Re: Brainstorming for recital qed   Sun  4/22/2001   2 KB
11339 Re: Brainstorming for recital Karen Mercedes   Mon  4/23/2001   3 KB
11347 Re: Brainstorming for recital Mike & Vicki Bryant   Tue  4/24/2001   2 KB
11495 Re: Brainstorming for recital silver_soprano@y...   Mon  4/30/2001   2 KB
11550 Re: Brainstorming for recital Mike & Vicki Bryant   Wed  5/2/2001   2 KB

emusic.com