Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Date:  Fri Apr 20, 2001  9:05 pm
Subject:  re: third side of the triangle

>I often wonder, if I had held up a large picture of Cavalli after
>conducting the Messa Concertata, and the singers getting rapturous
>applause, would not the audience have given him an even warmer accolade?
>It certainly happens when the composer is there in person (probably
>wouldn't recognise Mozart after all this time, though, even if we could
>manage to locate the place...oops)

I attended a concert of the Mozart Requiem several years back where on his
curtain call, the conductor held up his copy of the score and Mozart (alas,
not present!) received a hearty round of applause. I thought that was a
very classy thing for the conductor to do.

Thanks for reviving this discussion, Linda! I *still* think it's interesting!

Naomi Gurt Lind
omigurt@m...
omigurt@m...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11263 Re: third side of the triangle Linda Fox   Sat  4/21/2001   2 KB
11266 Re: third side of the triangle thomas mark montgomery   Sat  4/21/2001   2 KB

emusic.com