Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Roseanne" <rmez_dive@y...>
"Roseanne" <rmez_dive@y...>
Date:  Fri Apr 20, 2001  9:27 pm
Subject:  Re: Dealing with Anxiety when Performing

I'd just like to add that there is a great book for dealing with this.
It is called "Audition Success" is written by Dr. ______ Greene. I'm
sorry, I can't remember his first name. He teaches at Juilliard now,
although he was an olympic sports psychologist. I know, that sounds
funky, but the book deals with two performers (a soprano and a horn
player) through individual coaching sessions that aim at each of the
persons. It's a great book and really helped me for my recent
auditions (I just got into Juilliard). Anyway, although the title aims
at auditions, it also helps with the same problems one will experience
in performance situations. Good luck!

emusic.com