Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Fri Apr 20, 2001  7:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Recording voice lessons?

In a message dated 4/20/01 11:50:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tenorelirico@e... writes:

<< What should students pick up from their recorded lessons? Is is alright to
practice to them?

Reinforcement as one listens once again to what one's teacher had to say at
this point or that point. Then, if they are so constructed at the time, and
your teacher recommends it, then, absolutely you should practice with them.
I'm so grateful my teacher insisted on recording my lessons for me. They
helped to bridge between the times he had to be away when he had out of town
performances. Years later, I have rather complete documents of my lessons,
and they are especially valuable for me now that he is no longer living.

Doris, once a student of the excellent tenor and grand teacher, Charles
Bressler

emusic.com