Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
"Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
Date:  Tue Apr 17, 2001  12:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Chronic Coughing - NASAL LAVAGE

> The dreaded phrase. Yes, that's where you run saline
> water up your nose and out your mouth (one nostril at
> a time). You can do it yourself with a basting bulb,
> or you can buy one of those Grossman tips for a water
> pik (that dental attachment that streams water out)
> and it will pulse the water up your nose for you. I
> use that.

A budget solution for contortionists, is a glass of warm water with a
pinch of salt. Snorting the water up one nostril from water in the
palm of your hand (right hand for right nostril) whilst blocking the
other nostril with the other hand, seems to work. I only use this when
I'm really blocked up though. I imagine as a daily routine it would be
a bit tedious.

Kevin.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11181 Re: Chronic Coughing - NASAL LAVAGE agoldhammer@y...   Tue  4/17/2001   2 KB