Vocalist.org archive

From:  agoldhammer@y...
agoldhammer@y...
Date:  Mon Apr 16, 2001  7:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Chronic Coughing

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "stjames" <vocalist-temporary@y..., "stjames" < - snipped stuff -

> James here....
>
> Correct, my doc said there was not way my HMO would pay for it
unless I had
> the Dx of Asthma. Of course they are happy to pump me full of
prednisone,
> which is cheap. Neither my doc nor I are real happy using cortisone
very
> often, though.
>
> James

that should really be the last course of treatment these days.
Prednisone is inexpensive as it is off patent. However, it's also
strong stuff and has numerous other side effects. Inhaled
corticorsteroids (that have limited systemic action) and the newer
prostaglandin antagonists are preferred treatments. check out the
web link to the consensus statement that came out of NIH. I posted
it last week.

I don't know of any medical reimbursement issues with these products.

Alan

emusic.com