Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
"Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
Date:  Sun Apr 15, 2001  3:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Digest Number 634

Hi,

I agree with you. I had said 'BASICALLY 5 vowel categories' in order to
refer to those which we all recognize and avoid specific considerations. If
you keep on reading, you'll see I was more specific when asked.

bye,

Caio Rossi

> That's not completely true. We write 5 vowels on alphabet (/a/ /e/ /i/ /O/
/u/), but we use and distinguish seven (adding the other forms of e and o).
> This is true in spoken language. I don't understand why voice teachers
discard /E/ and /o/, reducing them to five.