Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
"Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
Date:  Sun Apr 15, 2001  2:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Digest Number 628

On 9 Apr 2001 04:36:16 -0000 >Message: 7
>And here we have another problem: syllables in Portuguese, and I >think in
Italian too ( Valle, please!!! ), are not separated the >same way, what may
show different ways to deal with sounds. I've >just opened and English
dictionary and looked for a word where that >difference would be clearly
noticed. I have found 'pip-ette' ( the >tube used in labs ) and 'plan-et'. We
would have 'pi-pe-ta' and 'pla->ne-ta'.
Yes, in Italian syllablation is similar to Portoguese.
I agree with you with this theory of different contamination in different
languages.

bye

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!