Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Sat Apr 14, 2001  1:03 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Inderal (was: stage fright)

In a message dated 4/13/01 5:25:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
ibracamonte@y... writes:
ibracamonte@y... writes:

> What is Inderal? I admit to being very ignorant about
> the various nerve-calming drugs and antidepressants
> that are out there.

It is a beta blocker-a heart drug actually. It slows the heartbeat and stops
other symptoms of increased adrenaline (I think). It doesn't stop you from
feeling nervous in your mind, it only helps control the physical symptoms of
nerves e.g., pounding heart, sweaty palms, dry mouth, etc.......For me, it
works like a charm, it doesn't zonk you or anything like that. Taken in very
small doses it has no untoward effects on blood pressure or anything like
that. A lot of performers, speakers, etc...take beta blockers, but it can
really become a pain-you have to take it about one hour before a performance.

Leslie

emusic.com