Vocalist.org archive

From:  wadijedo@a...
Date:  Mon Apr 24, 2000  4:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] How do you "hear" yourself?

In a message dated 4/17/00 11:33:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
deanmacy@m... writes:

<< You can't. You can never hear yourself the way others can unless you have
method of recording your voice without adding harmonics caused by room
resonance
and sub frequencies and echos from your sounds bouncing off walls and
ceilings, >>

I had a teacher once that told me if I used a box, opened at one end and cut
a hole it the other for my head, put my head through it i would have the
sound of my voice as it would bounce off the 4 sides. Probable something like
cupping your ears. (And a lot less sillier.) I never tried it. If someone
wants to give it a go and let the rest of us know how it
Janis

emusic.com