Vocalist.org archive

From:  RRicciardi@S...
Date:  Mon Apr 24, 2000  3:32 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] the most beautiful songs

In my humble opinion, STRAUSS KICKS BUTT !! when it comes to soprano songs.
I must confess that I am partial to a soprano singing Strauss. Talk about
musical magic. (I just purchased Renee Fleming's CD where she sings lots of
Strauss and it is sensational )
If I was a soprano, I'd add Vier letzte Lieder (The Four Last Songs) (in
any part or in its entirety). Everything about the masterpiece is astounding
- the words, the music, the phrasing.
I truly don't know if Morgen, Waldseligkeit is part of Vier letzte liede or
not, if it is that would be my answer.

Best Wishes,

rick