Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Thu Apr 12, 2001  2:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Sir Harry Secombe

A great singer - I wonder if his comedic career somehow detracted from
this, though he was a *very* funny man - but posessed of one of the most
beautiful tenor voices - I'm not, however, aware of whether he did any
operatic work, or whether indeed any concerts, recitals or broadcasts were
even largely of the classical repertoire - I remember him mostly for 'If I
Ruled The World' and a large body of mostly Victorian religious songs -
and, of course, Neddy Seagoon.
john