Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Apr 12, 2001  1:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] CLASSICAL IN MODERN MUSIC

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Patricia M Smith wrote:

> More ideas: the London Symphony recording "We Know what we Like" - the
> music of Genesis & the London Phil recordings of "Symphonic Music of Yes"
> & "Us & Them - Symphonic Pink Floyd".

Different subject entirely: The influence of pop music on classical music.
Which, frankly, I'd find much easier to write about than the other way
around, which is why I admire the original poster for undertaking the
subject of the influence of classical on modern music. The interesting
thing is that she said "modern" not "popular". There is actually modern
classical music, so the whole paper COULD be devoted to how earlier
classical music traditions have influenced modern composers.

KM
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html