Vocalist.org archive

From:  Xise@a...
Date:  Mon Apr 24, 2000  3:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] I'm all choked up

I always tell my students that you should feel from your lips out. If you
let emotion get hold of you, you lose control. I feel that we are
interpreters and our duty is to make others feel what the composer wrote. If
we feel inside, we cannot sing, the feeling should be on the outside and
directed to the public. When the person feels inside, you are the only who
knows what you are feeling but you are not projecting the emotion to the
public. They may think something is wrong with you. Always keep a cool head.

Regards,
Ximena

emusic.com