Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Tue Apr 10, 2001  6:12 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Should Singers Swim?

> weight loss. swimming, with
> a wide range of intensity levels, does not do well,
> by all accounts, as an
> effective method for losing weight.

This is interesting, because I've found swimming to be
one of the most effective ways for me to lose weight,
I'm assuming because it uses more muscles at the same
time and I tend to feel the exertion much sooner than
any other form of exercise. I'm also a big fan of
aquacise (aerobics in the water). If you're a singer
who is worried about chlorine getting in your ears or
throat, aquacize is great because you don't even have
to get your hair wet, and at the same time you don't
have to worry about sweat.

Jennifer, former couch potato turned exercisaholic