Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue Apr 10, 2001  5:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Should Singers Swim?

>From: Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
>Now I do know many people - singers and woodwind/brass players included -
>who don't have problems with ear, nose, and throat infections as a result
>of swimming. I would suggest that you continue swimming, but also be both
>observant and honest with yourself: if you find that you ARE susceptible
>to sinus and ear infections from the pool, you'll have to decide whether
>you can manage to swim keeping your head out of the water, or whether you
>might need to find a different form of exercise.

As one who suffers from aching feet (arthritis), I've found that bicycling
is great exercise AND practical alternative transportation. The increased
speed of travel may also make it a good change from walking.

Liz

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"If you must be wrong, be wrong at the top of your voice!" --Lucy Van Pelt