Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Tue Apr 10, 2001  3:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] question on soprano's enunciation

Judy wrote: <<Hi Lynda! I'm glad that we are basically in agreement on
enunciation. Here's
how I'd interpret Floyd's comment. Given his "druthers" he'd prefer to have
the text clearly enunciated--otherwise he would not have written the aria as
he did. However, if it interferes with the soprano's ability to sing the
note, he was willing to compromise the text-- which is, after all, highly
repetitive and not pivotal to the plot.>>

I think that's precisely his thinking. He felt it was more important to make
those pitches clear and the tone good, than to get that repetitive diction out
there. On the other hand, I still always try to get as much of it out there as
possible. "come back, blue flame" is really a challenge.

Lynda Lacy

emusic.com