Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
"John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Mon Apr 9, 2001  10:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Chronic Coughing

It depends. If it is a cough that forcefully closes your vocal folds, it
could. If it is a "clear the throat" cough, maybe not.

Chronic coughs can come from post nasal drip/allergies, acid reflux, asthma,
medications, and more serious things like heart disease and cancer. If you
have a cough that long it should be evaluated by a doctor.

John

John J. Messmer, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Family & Community Medicine
Penn State College of Medicine