Vocalist.org archive

From:  LikeSoMuchFish@a...
Date:  Mon Apr 24, 2000  1:24 am
Subject:  I'm all choked up

I sometimes get very emotional when I sing. Which is great ,I guess for
dramatic sake but often hard on the ears.
I find that when I am on the verge of tears,my throat closes a bit and I tend
to go flat or worse, crack consistently.
I have seen singers who can sob heavily and yet keep a consistent tonal
quality whilst remaining on pitch. How do they do it?
Have any of you experienced this"choking" first hand? Have any of you learned
to overcome it without sacrificing emotion and how?

:jc
jc@s...
www.hijinks.com/~mark/perpetual

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1104 Re: I'm all choked up singersuki@a...   Mon  4/24/2000   2 KB
1106 Re: I'm all choked up Xise@a...   Mon  4/24/2000   2 KB
1128 Re: I'm all choked up Margaret Harrison   Mon  4/24/2000   3 KB
1132 Re: I'm all choked up LikeSoMuchFish@a...   Tue  4/25/2000   2 KB
1139 Re: I'm all choked up Craig Tompkins   Tue  4/25/2000   3 KB
1142 Re: I'm all choked up Lisa M Olson   Tue  4/25/2000   3 KB
1146 Re: I'm all choked up RRicciardi@S...   Tue  4/25/2000   4 KB
1152 Re: I'm all choked up Xise@a...   Tue  4/25/2000   2 KB
1154 Re: I'm all choked up Xise@a...   Tue  4/25/2000   2 KB

emusic.com