Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Sun Apr 8, 2001  9:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Young dramatic soprano rep

In a message dated 4/8/01 1:08:56 PM, DCLARK@r... writes:

<< As a young dramatic soprano myself, I sang lyric soprano and a
few mezzo arias until I was mature enough to tackle the dramatic soprano
repertory. I even used a few coloratura arias as vocalises to help my flexi-
bility and my high range. Don't be in a hurry to be a dramatic soprano...
there is plenty of time. >>

A dramatic soprano friend of mine, who sings big Verdi roles (Abagaille and
Aida for example) in international houses, was singing lyric coloratura
repertoire all through her 20s.

Judy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10959 Re: Young dramatic soprano rep Jeffrey Snider   Sun  4/8/2001   2 KB

emusic.com