Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu Apr 5, 2001  3:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Power Performance for Singers Workshop

In a message dated 4/5/2001 9:49:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
earthbounddiva@w... writes:
earthbounddiva@w... writes:

<< I definitely don't sing only for an audience's
pleasure. I sing because I love to sing - it's what makes me happy. I
happen to be good at it, so most of the time the audience gains pleasure
from it too (I hope) - but if I'm out there to solely please the audience,
I'm fighting a losing battle. What about those people who DON'T get
something from my performance? So, I give this to them and they don't want
it - that's just expended energy. If I do it for me - and share it with
them - then *I* energize my performance - not the audience. I don't think
I'm a self-centered or egotistic performer, and I like to share things with
people - but I don't want to give them everything - what would I have left
for the next time? >>

lisa,

i don't think that anyone is saying your a selfish singer. it is just
the illogic of the idea. imagine applying the same principle to a
conversation. do you address the other people in the conversation or, do
you just talk to yourself and allow them to eavesdrop?

this advice sounds like it came from someone who has met with a lot of
cold responses from audiences.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10913 Re: Power Performance for Singers Workshop Reg Boyle   Sat  4/7/2001   2 KB

emusic.com