Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M. Nuske" <earthbounddiva@w...>
"Lisa M. Nuske" <earthbounddiva@w...>
Date:  Thu Apr 5, 2001  2:47 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Power Performance for Singers Workshop

Hmmm... I didn't mean to create such harsh feelings. I can't tell you word
for word what was said at the workshop - but at the time it made sense to
me - and it still does. I definitely don't sing only for an audience's
pleasure. I sing because I love to sing - it's what makes me happy. I
happen to be good at it, so most of the time the audience gains pleasure
from it too (I hope) - but if I'm out there to solely please the audience,
I'm fighting a losing battle. What about those people who DON'T get
something from my performance? So, I give this to them and they don't want
it - that's just expended energy. If I do it for me - and share it with
them - then *I* energize my performance - not the audience. I don't think
I'm a self-centered or egotistic performer, and I like to share things with
people - but I don't want to give them everything - what would I have left
for the next time?

Lisa