Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kevin Moulton" <kmoulton@b...>
"Kevin Moulton" <kmoulton@b...>
Date:  Fri Mar 30, 2001  3:02 pm
Subject:  Low Notes for a High Voice

As a tenor, I've worked for years to do what people expect a tenor to
do - sing the high notes. However, I've become increasingly
frustrated with my inability to sing low notes. Anything below the C
below the staff is very difficult for me. For years I've vocalized
down to G, but this work as yet to pay off in terms of a comfort
level trying to get down to these notes in performance.

This problem has scared me away from some songs people often ask me
to sing, like "Music of the Night", with it's annoying Ab's at the
beginning of each verse.

The funny part is that occasionally I'll have a very strong low
range, but it's hit or miss. I've yet to be able to recreate this
ability on demand.

Any thoughts on or excercise suggestions to improve in this area?

Kevin Moulton
www.kevinmoulton.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10755 Re: Low Notes for a High Voice Karen Mercedes   Fri  3/30/2001   5 KB
10770 Re: Low Notes for a High Voice Kevin Moulton   Sun  4/1/2001   5 KB

emusic.com