Vocalist.org archive

From:  taylor23f@h...
taylor23f@h...
Date:  Fri Mar 30, 2001  7:00 am
Subject:  Good news to share........

Dear Listers,

I recently found out that I have been accepted into the Summer
Vocology Institute. The SVI courses will be hosted by the Denver
Center for the Performing Arts. The DCPA is a part of the National
Center for Voice and Speech. The institute's curriculum mirrors the
required courses for the vocology track at the University of Iowa.
Denver will be my home from June 11th through August 8th. Also, I
will earn nine graduate credits as well as a "Certificate of
Vocology."
It is a blessing to have been accepted into the program
considering that enrollment is limited to about 25 and over 160
people applied. By far the best part of the summer will be working
with perhaps the most important voice scientist of our time- Ingo
Titze. During the final two weeks Oren Brown will be teaching a
course. Two weeks with Oren Brown......should be awesome!
The most unfortunate part about the summer is that my beautiful
new bride, Laura (on may 26th we'll be married) and I will be apart
for most of the summer. She will be off at Ohio Light Opera and will
have very little free time. I guess I'll be purchasing phone cards
by the CASE this summer!

You can check out the SVI web site at:
http://www.ncvs.org/vocinstitute

Take Care All,