Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Thu Mar 29, 2001  10:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] "Excerptable" Puccini for mezzos

If you want nice AND Pucciniesque (!), take a look at Manfredo in Italo
Montemezzi's Amore de tre rei: there are extended sections in Acts I and
II. They offer great opportunities for a baritone with the goods; too bad
the opera is rarely done. As an aside, the only commercially available
recording includes Puerto Rican baritone Pablo Elviro in this role. He
was a great singer who, along with Piero Cappuccilli, rarely sang at the
Met during Sherrill Milnes tenure there. Judy, have a hay day with that
sentence.

Mark Montgomery