Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Thu Mar 29, 2001  4:06 pm
Subject:  RE: Re: [vocalist] "Excerptable" Puccini for mezzos

And a gorgeous aria it is, Mike! Nice to see us baritones
as lovesick mopes every once in a while, but not too
often...don't want to make that a habit. Come to think
of it - we lower voices certainly have a bad habit of
turning up like louts, yahoos, twirps & general menaces
to society! Then again, where would the story go if
it weren't for our wayward manners? Who else could
possibly be more convincing in getting the protagonists
back together again? Without us - it would be an all too
brief evening of confused individuals of mistaken lineage
& there'd be no damsels in distress! We're the straw that
stirs the drink...the catalyst!

EV
donning flame retardant "fruit of the looms"!