Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Tue Mar 27, 2001  11:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Mozart in falsetto/ how styles change (was: grumpy mozartians)

In a message dated 3/27/01 3:41:38 PM, lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

<<I am amazed that you interpolated my statement

<< Even castrati were expected to sing with a
penetrating ring to the voice that women singers of that day could
only envy. >>

to mean that there were no female singers with ringing voice at the
time of the castrati. I do not believe that nor have I ever said
that. >>

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but that's what the above quoted sentence
means, Lloyd!

If you say that they could only envy the ringing sound, you are in fact
saying that women could not produce it --otherwise why would they be envious?

But thanks for clarifying what you actually meant to say.
And I repeat, I thought that the rest of the post was excellent, as usual.

Judy ;-)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10688 Re: Mozart in falsetto/ how styles change (was: g Isabelle Bracamonte   Wed  3/28/2001   5 KB
10922 The AH vowel Lloyd W. Hanson   Sat  4/7/2001   2 KB
10718 Re: Mozart in falsetto/ how styles change (was: g Lloyd W. Hanson   Thu  3/29/2001   3 KB

emusic.com