Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sheila Graham" <sheilagraham@b...>
"Sheila Graham" <sheilagraham@b...>
Date:  Tue Mar 27, 2001  7:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] steamers

Hi Linda (and List),

Sorry to hear you're poorly. With the usual proviso that I'm not a medic, I
would think that you are doing nothing but good with your steamer (there's
got to be a pun somewhere involving boats going down the Clyde, but they're
probably for UK consumption only, and you may not be in the mood for jokes!)

As long as you've only got hot water in it, it should help to rehydrate your
throat, which is why it will feel better, and I would think you can use it
as often as you want. I know Doris suggested Vick - each to their own, and
if it makes you feel better go for it, but I find that anything containing
menthol dries me up. That's fine if your nose is running like a tap, menthol
makes you feel less miserable, but, if your throat is dry already, it might
make things worse.

Get well soon!

Regards,

Sheila

Sheila Graham
Mezzo-Soprano, Edinburgh, Scotland

www.sheilagraham.demon.co.uk

'She is a singer, and therefore capable of anything' (Bellini)

emusic.com