Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Tue Mar 27, 2001  4:11 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] South Pacific

I agree Ernie, but I was desperate to hear another de Becque before Alvin,
Simon and Theodore joined in on the reprise. Perhaps Thomas Hampson,
while not quite the tone quality for which I am looking (I like your term
"burnished"), would have been a good choice. And while Terfel would have
come across young, he would also have come across well-sung (poet, didn't
know it.)

Mark Montgomery

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Ernie Valenzuela wrote:

> Bryn would read too young next to Glenn - that's my only
> reservation regarding Terfel as de Becque. Not that Ms. Close
> wasn't plausible - she made things work no doubt, but my
> de Becque has to have that certain sound & burnished color.

emusic.com