Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Sun Mar 25, 2001  5:43 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] "unsingable" music (long)

In a message dated 3/25/01 11:32:49 AM, ibracamonte@y... writes:

<< If you write a leap from chest voice to a high C, it's not going to
sound great. >>

Why not?

Mozart clearly expected his sopranos to be able to execute huge leaps with
ease. Take a look at Come scoglio, with all of its leaps in and out of chest,
or the Et incarnatus est from the Mass in C minor, which requires a leap from
middle C to high Bflat. I'm sure there are many more examples.

My teacher tells me, this music is SUPPOSED to be difficult. Not impossible,
but certainly well beyond the capability of the untrained voice. If you want
to sing professionally, you must have the technique to manage it.

Judy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10581 Re: "unsingable" music (long) dorisopran@a...   Sun  3/25/2001   2 KB
10591 Re: "unsingable" music (long) sopran@a...   Sun  3/25/2001   2 KB