Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Sat Mar 24, 2001  8:28 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: a tenor who is grumpy with mozart

And one heckuva soprano Costanza must have been!

I've sung the choral part of several of Mozart's major church works & sit
with my mouth hanging open when I listen to the soprano solos. I'm
working on the soprano solos for the "Solemn Vespers" (as a rehearsal
lead-in) &, while that part isn't difficult on its own, trying to put it
together with the chorus & other soloists is quite the challenge. The
soprano entrances frequently come out of nowhere....maybe I need to think
about them more like some of the 20th century pieces that I've sung.
There are a good number of running lines that I've been getting tripped
up over because I can't always seem to be able to keep up with the tempo
that the chorus has been singing at.

Pat

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:49:48 -0700 "Lloyd W. Hanson"
<lloyd.hanson@n...> writes:
<lloyd.hanson@n...> writes:
> Dear Grumpy Mozart Vocalisters:

(snip)