Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shanna Hollich <Shadow123@r...>
Shanna Hollich <Shadow123@r...>
Date:  Sat Mar 24, 2001  5:07 pm
Subject:  Lux Aeterna

--- thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...> wrote:

> Tonight my listening pleasure was a composer who
> writes beautifully for
> voices even though he has written hardly any solo
> vocal music. If you
> don't have the Morten Lauridson 'Lux Aeterna' CD,
> you should do yourself a
> favor and purchase it. Lush choral music superbly
> performed by the Los
> Angeles Master Chorale, Paul Salamunovich, conductor
> (RCM 19705).

I wholeheartedly agree. Our high school chorale is
singing "O Nata Lux" (a part of Morten Lauridsen's
"Lux Aeterna") as part of our spring concert
program/PMEA Music Educators Festival program. The
director had us listen to the recording mentioned
above, and I must say that it is incredibly beautiful.
Highly recommended, :).

=====
Shanna Hollich - Shadow123@p...
AOL IM: RHFoJO
shadow123.diaryland.com
NO S N B- C~ L- O++ CV

10564 Re: Lux Aeterna Shannon   Sat  3/24/2001   2 KB
10566 Re: Lux Aeterna thomas mark montgomery   Sat  3/24/2001   2 KB

emusic.com