Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Mar 24, 2001  2:52 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] a tenor who is grumpy with mozart

In a message dated 3/23/2001 8:57:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dalila@R... writes:
dalila@R... writes:

<<
I've been told a number of times that Mozart wrote something appropriate
for every fach. Yeah, right. I'm still waiting to find that special
Mozart aria just for me - dramatic contralto with limited coloratura
ability. >>

karen,

'dramatic contralto' is a fach, 'limited coloratura' is a lack of a
skill not a fach. taken to its logical extreme, the tone-deaf janitor might
inquire "yeah mozart, where's my aria?". it is not my intention to pick on
you or mirko but, just because one cannot sing something doesn't mean it is
poor vocal writing nor inappropriate for your fach. of course, there are
lots of skills to be acquired so, maybe in acquiring other skills you have
shorted yourself in coloratura. so, maybe mozart, for now, is not for you.
there is other music to sing.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10593 Re: a tenor who is grumpy with mozart Karen Mercedes   Mon  3/26/2001   5 KB
10599 Re: a tenor who is grumpy with mozart Isabelle Bracamonte   Mon  3/26/2001   4 KB

emusic.com