Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Fri Mar 23, 2001  9:10 pm
Subject:  Performances in Brandon, Manitoba!

In case your plane is diverted, and then diverted from where it was just
diverted to, and then perhaps diverted again, here are some performances
taking place in this quaint mini-metropolis in a valley in the Canadian
prairies. Not only am I in the couple of things in which my name appears
but - and here I must crow, gloat and swagger - I get to 'play' the cymbals
in Brahms' Academic Festival Overture.

1. OPERA EXCERPTS
Sunday, March 25th and Tuesday, March 27th
8:00 p.m.
Lorne Watson Recital Hall
Under the direction of Profs. Sylvia and Robert Richardson
Program to include works by Bernstein, Donizetti, Massenet,
Mozart, Pasatieri and Verdi.
Performers: John Blyth, Paul Grambo, Janet Kauk, Stewart
McMillan, Janine Patenaude, Heather Pauls, Cheryl Sawchuk,
Lydia Skourides, Robyn Thompson and Joseph Trivers.
Admission: $6.00
$4.50 Seniors and Students
Free Conservatory Students

2. WINNIPEG SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Sunday, March 25, 2001
3:00 p.m.
Western Manitoba Centennial Auditorium
Admission Charge

3. BRANDON UNIVERSITY ORCHESTRA
Friday, March 30, 2001
8:00 p.m.
Knox United Church
Prof. Mark Rudoff, Conductor.
Guest Artist: Prof. Sylvia Richardson, Soprano.
Works by Mozart, Brahms and Chausson.
Admission: $6.00
$4.50 Seniors and Students
Free Conservatory Students

4. BRANDON CHORAL SOCIETY, Bach to Boogie (Almost)!
Saturday, March 31, 2001
7:30 p.m.
First Presbyterian Church
Elizabeth Grant, Conductor; Avonlea Armstrong, Assistant
Conductor; April Kamentz, Accompanist.
Guest Artists: Naomi Dueck Forman, Soprano; John Blyth,
Baritone; Robin Truscott, Flute; Jacques Normandeau, Trumpet; Jennifer
Bryan, Violin;
Shane Levesque, Organ.
Admission Charge

Just call me Ozymandias, why don't you! john

John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

emusic.com