Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Fri Mar 23, 2001  6:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] a tenor who is grumpy with mozart

I have always felt that Verdi is so singable because
it is beautifully written for the voice. I read once
in some music history book that Verdi often complained
about having throat problems (sore throat, etc), and
he was found to be humming along as he wrote all his
vocal lines.

Nothing interesting about Mozart to debate; I just
thought I'd jump on the wagon and say that I find
Verdi the easiest thing in the world to sing, and when
I read that he hummed as he composed it validated my
theory that he really understood the voice. I feel
that modern composers do NOT understand the voice at
all, and that aspiring composers would benefit from a
good 5 years of sitting in a voice teacher's studio
every day.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte