Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
"Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Thu Mar 22, 2001  5:11 pm
Subject:  Modern Castrati WAS:Comparative size of castrati and countertenor voices

Greypins@a... wrote:

> jimmy scott has an endocrinological disorder (the name of which
> i have forgotten) that has pretty much the same effect castration
> would on the voice (minus the trauma). he uses his voice in a
> very different way than moreschi, singing almost exclusively in
> chest and sounds a little as if he were imitating billie holiday.

I believe he had Kallman's syndrome - probably the most common cause
of 'virtual' castrati today. He certainly sings differently, but I
agree with you that the vocal equipment, or "meat" as you call it was
probably similar.

Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10496 Re: Modern Castrati WAS:Comparative size of castr velluti@c...   Thu  3/22/2001   3 KB