Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Mon Mar 19, 2001  9:11 am
Subject:  Freeing the lower back

I keep having a recurring problem in practicing at home -- my back
simply refuses to be free/relaxed and as a result I'm finding it hard
to support my voice properly. It usually takes my teacher less than 5
minutes to straighten me out at the beginning of my lesson, but I can't
seem to replicate what he does when I'm practicing at home.

He has given me a "visualisation sequence" which works well when he
takes me through it, but has little effect when I do it by myself.
I've noticed that my problem gets worse as the week goes on. My
lessons are generally on Saturday, and by Tuesday I am usually holding
quite firmly in my lower back. I realise that I'm holding a lot of my
tension in my back.

Can anyone suggest a stretching exercise, visualisation technique, etc.
which might help me? I'm finding that my lower back is pretty
important to producing my voice and I'd love to find a key to unlock my
back.

Cheers,
Ingo

10402 Re: Freeing the lower back Greypins@a...   Mon  3/19/2001   2 KB
10403 Re: Freeing the lower back John Link   Mon  3/19/2001   5 KB
10431 Re: Freeing the lower back John Link   Mon  3/19/2001   2 KB
10954 Re: Freeing the lower back Ingo Duckerschein   Sun  4/8/2001   2 KB

emusic.com