Vocalist.org archive

From:  richardnpam@c...
richardnpam@c...
Date:  Sun Mar 18, 2001  4:40 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] is there a market for Mozart/Donizetti tenors?

T.L.,

I can understand where you are coming from. I am also a light lyric
tenor who is more suited to Mozart than Verdi. I am sure there is a
market for our type of voice. I know personally of more lyric tenors
working now than dramatic tenors. (mainly because lyric tenor is a
more common fach.) Having said that, I think the most important
thing is that you sing in your fach well. Bigness of voice comes in
the form of "Ring." Dont try to make your voice sound bigger than it
is, let the "ring" do the work for you.

As Alan stated, Paul Groves, who is one of the leading tenors at the
met right now, is this type of tenor.

The point is that you sing with a solid technique, musically, and,
most importantly communicate the intent of the text and music.
Artistic Directors will notice and you will get hired.
Also, consider auditioning in Europe. The houses are smaller there
and dont require such large voices. Many singers singing in the
states today got their start in Europe. Germany's market is a little
different now than it used to be, but plenty of Americans are getting
work over there. (Be sure to bone up on your German before you go.)

Anyway, I have rambled long enough. Keep the faith.

Richard
--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Tenore Lirico <vocalist-temporary@y..., Tenore Lirico < > I'm sorry,

vocalist-temporary@y..., Gina <vocalist-temporary@y..., Gina < > >

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com
> Reserve your name now at http://www.email.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10373 Re: is there a market for Mozart/Donizetti tenors Isabelle Bracamonte   Sun  3/18/2001   2 KB
10384 Re: is there a market for Mozart/Donizetti tenors stjames   Sun  3/18/2001   2 KB
10415 Re: is there a market for Mozart/Donizetti tenors Karen Mercedes   Mon  3/19/2001   2 KB

emusic.com