Vocalist.org archive

From:  velluti@c...
velluti@c...
Date:  Sat Mar 17, 2001  10:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Labels

I endorse all this; I know the author of the male soprano site very well; have
contributed a
little bit to it, and we are in constant contact. The achievement of the male
sopranos
mentioned cannot be underestimated; to be able to sing Farinelli's arias is a
remarkable feat;
and, whatever the background of the male sopranos, they are showing us that it
is possible to
reach a comparable vocal altitude as did the castrati, and they will continue
to so, as voice
training recognises that this is possible. You will see at my web site that I,
too, know whereof I
write !! Their number is rapidly increasing.

Elsa
http://www.cix.co.uk/~velluti
Award: September 2000
Modified: Jan. 2001