Vocalist.org archive

From:  "michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
"michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
Date:  Fri Mar 16, 2001  8:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] nodes?

At 09:16 PM 3/15/01 -0000, you wrote:
>For the good doctors on the list, and others who have had the
>experience - how can you tell if you have nodes? I have had a
>scratchiess in my voice for the last few weeks.

It is always best to have the right physician look at your vocal cords. A
friend of mine sent her student to a doctor who looked in her mouth with a
light and told her she was fine. She in fact had nodules and he was a GP,
not an otolaryngologist or ENT. You are on the right track. An expert
must see the mechanism to make the diagnosis.

Best of luck.

Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.
Voice & Fax: 562/983-9965
Wireless: 562/884-2122

emusic.com