Vocalist.org archive

From:  agoldhammer@y...
agoldhammer@y...
Date:  Fri Mar 16, 2001  6:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] is there a market for Mozart/Donizetti tenors?

I guess I don't understand the question here. There are lots of nice
lyric tenors who have and still do sing Mozart/Donizetti. I don't
think that anyone would qualify them otherwise. Just off the top of
my head:

Juan Diego Flores, Marcello Alvarez, Paul Groves, Richard Croft.
Remember that this kind of a voice can also sing light Verdi roles as
well, witness the career of Alfredo Kraus

Alan
--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Gina <> wrote:
--- In
vocalist-temporary@y..., Gina <> wrote:

> Tenore Lirico wrote:
>
> > With what I'm seeing as a leaning of opera houses torwarded bigger
> > voices, would
> > a Mozart tenor have a chance?
> >

> Not sure that exclusive Mozart voices exist any more. The word I
got is
> nay. Everyone seems to do something else, too.
>
> Gina

emusic.com