Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Karena" <cantare@p...>
"Karena" <cantare@p...>
Date:  Thu Mar 15, 2001  9:16 pm
Subject:  nodes?

For the good doctors on the list, and others who have had the
experience - how can you tell if you have nodes? I have had a
scratchiess in my voice for the last few weeks. It is
consistently limited to a certain range of my speaking voice, and it
doesn't show up at all in my singing voice. I have no pain or
tightness of throat, I'm not sick or coughing, I just have this
scratchy voice when I speak at a certain pitch. It doesn't vary with
weather or air quality or tiredness, it is just always there. I have
an appointment to see a doctor (actually, I'm waiting for my HMO to
approve a referral to an ENT from my PCP ;) but I was hoping someone
could tell me if I am on the right track in thinking this might be a
node.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Karena

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10313 Re: nodes? michael.chesebro   Fri  3/16/2001   2 KB
10316 Re: nodes? John Messmer, M.D.   Fri  3/16/2001   3 KB

emusic.com