Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Fri Apr 21, 2000  4:43 am
Subject:  nasal irrigation

In a message dated 04/18/2000 12:23:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
Karl_Rasmussen@t... writes:

<< 1 cup warm water,
1/4 tsp salt (non-iodized)
nasal bulb / nasal syringe / ( infant nose bulb)

mix the salt in the water and use the nasal bulb to rinse out your
nose with it.

Esp. good before using a nasal spray (flonase, becanase, nasarex, ....).

I learned this little trick in the book SINUS SURVIVAL. I even ordered the
little "neti pot" that the author of this book sells. I love it. I don't do
it every day, but t least 3 times a week. Takes a little getting used to,
though!!

The only problem (and maybe I have goofy anatomy) is that for several hours
after irrigating I have uncontrollable nose-runs...............great gushes
of salt water seem to surge out of one (the left) nostril. It seems like it
gets "stuck" in there and only finds it's way out after a while and in a most
inconvenient place-like during a group performance class!

Leslie , Kleenex expert

emusic.com